Wednesday, June 22, 2022

LOVE THOUGHTS


“Thy love” runs the prayer; not so

think I.  Thou hast not love, for

Thou art Love; it is Thy very being.

Father art Thou: how may’st Thou be

Save by having children?  Such as I?

Yea, many better, some worse,

All thy children be.  Though some reject,

Despise Thee, O Jesus who died for me,

And rose in true Manhood, true Divinity.

How but Love art Thou, Holy Spirit,

Advocate, Assistance Divine,

Who giveth me Counsel, Comfort,

Strength?  Thou who art Gift,

Gift-Giver, Life's spring, Love’s flame,

Me sustain, as saveth Corpus Christi

A soul all His own, for Love it claims.

 POSTLUDE

I asked to be filled

With love for the Lord;

He took me at my word,

And now my soul longs

For Him, nor will be stilled

Until with Him to whom it belongs.

 

© 22 June 2022 by Ruth Heredia


Ruth Heredia is the originator and holds the copyright to all material on this blog unless credited to some source. Please do not use it or pass it off as your own work. That is theft. If you wish to link it, quote it, or reprint in whole or in part, please be courteous enough to seek my permission.

No comments: