Sunday, June 12, 2022

FOR TRINITY SUNDAY

ON THE HOLY TRINITY

St. Catherine of Siena: "O Trinity, eternal Trinity! Fire, abyss of love ...Was it necessary that you should give even the Holy Trinity as food for souls? You gave us not only your Word through the Redemption and in the Eucharist, but you also gave yourself in the fullness of love for your creature."

St. Pope John Paul II: “A great mystery, a mystery of love, an ineffable mystery, before which words must give way to the silence of wonder and worship. A divine mystery that challenges and involves us, because a share in the Trinitarian life was given to us through grace, through the redemptive Incarnation of the Word and the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

St. Francis de Sales (from a consecration prayer to the Trinity): “I vow and consecrate to God all that is in me: My memory and my actions to God the Father; My understanding and my words to God the Son; My will and my thoughts to God the Holy Spirit.”

CONSOLATION & REASSURANCE
Romans 5:1-5

1Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.2Through him we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in our hope of sharing the glory of God.3More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,4and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,5and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.

9 comments:

Elio said...

❤🙏

Michael Ward said...

In each of us, the path from the mundane earth that is molded into our bodies, to the spirit that transcends our limited understanding, is the path we walk to become human. It is a privilege just to know another human.

Nick said...

All our love to you Ruth! Your work on Sabatini has been greatly appreciated and treasured. I’ve enjoyed our correspondences, even if they haven’t been frequent as of late. You are in my thoughts and prayers. -Nick

Scaramouche The Fool said...

Dear Ruth, God bless you for your kindness, thoughtfulness, your love for the Lord and the many times you struggled to send a message to someone who was warmed and inspired by your efforts. Always thinking of you, and praying for you. I re-read your poems often, and always seem to find something new in them which helps me with my trivial problems. It is an honour for me to tell my friends in England about my great friend in Bangalore. All the best. Graham.

JeanNJay said...

Dearest Ruth,
I have sometimes tried to leave comments here, but never with any success.
Much love and many prayers for you as always,
Jean

/Larry D said...

Dear Ruth,

Many thanks for your careful work and insightful discussion over the years. It has been an honor to be able to consider you a colleague and to benefit from your scholarship. My fervent best hopes and wishes for your future.

/Larry D

Ruth said...

Dear Ruth

Your poems and comments were so lovely. You have provided your friends with such precious thoughts and your spiritual inner feelings and your words were a joy to read.

Steve Darley

Posted by me, with permission, these sentences from an email to me.

Anonymous said...

Very deeply felt emotions and so well expressed. Thank you for giving us these poems

Ruth said...

Thank you, dear Renuka, for your comment above, accidentally posted as by Anonymous.